I am a Roofing Contractor in the Bonita Springs Area. We have both A Florida Certified Roofing Contractors Licenses and A Florida Certified Building Contractors Licenses. This mean when replace your roof and we find structural changes that need done before the shingle can be replace we can do that for you too. An example is when the decking is not nailed to code or even the hurricane straps are missing or short. One must as a simple question would one rather a a contractor that is State Certified for both or not, it simple both is what you need and you deserve doing your roofing.
Why Is It Important To Choose A Quality Roofer in Lee and Collier County Florida?
Your roof is one of the most important aspects of your house. It provides shelter and protection for the entire inside of the house including the wiring, the insulation, the foundation, the paint and of course you and your family as well. Your roof is also in a position where it receives a ton of punishment from wind, rain, sun and snow. Odds are that at one point or another you will have to have some sort of repair work performed on your roof. The contractor that you choose to perform this work will make a huge difference.
Because your roof is so exposed to the elements, any small mistake in the labor from a repair could cause it to leak. As you probably know, even a tiny leak can cause big problems. A small leak can be responsible for creating thousands of dollars’ worth of damage. This is one of the reasons why it is so essential that you hire a skilled and quality roofer. If they make any mistakes or do a poor job measuring, you could end up paying for a new roof again in a few years.
Your roof repairs need to be done correctly and up to code to prevent more problems from developing. Quality materials and a skilled job will make a roof last for decades. Shoddy work or poor quality materials can have you calling for another repair in as little as 1 year. So in order to protect the massive investment that is your home and to prevent losing more money down the road, it is essential that you choose a quality roofer. Doing a little homework and checking references before you hire a roofing contractor will help ensure that you find a quality roofer.
Five Questions To Ask Your Roofer
Choosing a high quality roofer is important for protecting the large investment that is your home. In order to make sure that you save time and money by hiring a quality and skilled roofer you should ask the following questions:
- Are you fully licensed and bonded?Your roofer should be fully bonded and insured to protect both you and them. A quality roofer should have at least $1 million in liability coverage and should have some form of workers compensation coverage. This will protect you against liability in the event that a worker is injured on your property.
- Do you provide a free written estimate? A quality roofing contractor should always provide with a detailed written estimate of the job for free.
- Can you provide for me at least 3 references? In order to determine the contractor’s track record for satisfying customers they should be willing to provide you with references from happy clients. These testimonials should be relatively recent (not from 5 years ago) and should have contact information included. Be wary of a roofer who cannot or does not want to provide you with references.
- How long have you been in business? Typically you will want to choose a roofer who has been in business for more than 5 years. This is because low-quality and sham roofers typically go out of business by that point. The exception to this is if the roofer is starting out. Then it is up to you if you want to take a chance on them.
- What is your availability? This is an important but often overlooked question. Is the roofer even available to work on your roofing project now or are they booked solid for the next 8 months?
Where To Find A Good Roofer
Choosing a roofer is an important decision. Their work will determine if your roof stays intact and in shape for the next 10 years. Any problems with their work on your roof could lead to more damage and possibly end up costing you thousands of dollars. Because of this you want to find a high quality roofer. Here are some places where you can find a good roofer.
The first place you should go to find the name of a high quality roofer is your family members or friends. These people have probably worked with a roofer before and can give you a fair and upfront assessment of their work. Ask these trusted people where they found the roofer, if they liked the job the roofer performed and if they would hire the contractor again. Also be sure to ask how much their budget was, if the roofer stayed within it and if any problems have since developed with their roofs.
The next place to look if your friends and family members cannot point you in the right direction is the local hardware shop or home improvement store. These people often deal with roofers and know a lot about their reputations. An online referral service may be another good place to find a quality roofer. A site like Google Reviews allows you to read customer reviews for different roofers. The last place to search for a reputable roofer is in the Yellow Pages. An advertisement gives you no indication of how good the roofer’s skills and business ethics are. If you do have to choose a roofer from the Yellow Pages, make sure you spend some extra time researching their references and reading past customer reviews. Your roof will thank you for doing your homework.
Contact me at:
24475 Rocky Rd, Bonita Springs, FL 34135